- Must be new graduate student to Texas A&M University-Commerce enrolling for the first time in Spring 2020
- Must provide evidence of a valid teaching certificate or provide teaching service record (of at least one year)
- Must submit inquiry form (on right of this page)
- Must apply to a graduate program (apply through ApplyTexas) and gain full or conditional admission
- Provisional status does not qualify.
- Must enroll in at least 3 hours of graduate coursework no later than January 8, 2020
- 3-5 hours of A&M-Commerce graduate coursework = $250
- 6 or more hours of A&M-Commerce graduate coursework = $500
- Renewable on a semester-by-semester basis if continuous enrollment in each fall and spring is maintained
- Employees from the school districts listed below are not eligible for the Teachers First Grant but are eligible for the Quick Start Grant. Contact Jennifer Faunce at 903.468.3142 for more info about Quick Start:
Atlanta, Boles, Celina, Chisum, Commerce, Community, Crandall, Dallas, El Dorado AR, Farmersville, Forney, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Grand Saline, Greenville, Hallsville, Kaufman, Lancaster, Lindale, Longview, McKinney, Mesquite, North Lamar, Paris, Pine Tree, Prairland, Princeton, Prosper, Queen City, Royce City, Seagoville, Spring Hill, Sulphur Springs, Terrell, Tyler, Waskom, Whitehouse, Winnsboro
Grant will be awarded after 12th class day of Spring 2020 semester.
Funds are not available for summer or mini terms.
Funding will be provided until funds are depleted. Every applicant may not receive an award.